Like other cancers, breast cancer is also have different types. Breast cancer is a cancer that is start from the breast tissue. There are several types of breast cancer. Here are the following list:
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS)This the most common non-invasive kind of breast cancer. DCIS means that cancer cells are in the ductal part of the breast and not yet spread outside of the ductal wall. Around 1-5 breast cancer cases is DCIS. Almost all women on this stage of cancer can be cured. Mamography is the best way for detecting breast cancer.
- Lobular Carcinoma In Situ (LCIS)
Actually, LCIS is not a cancer. But sometimes LCIS is classified as a non-invasive breast cancer. It starts from the glands that produce milk, but not grow through lobulus wall. Most of the cancer experts states that LCIS often not become an invasive cancer, but women with this condition have greater risk of exposing invasive breast cancer on the same or different breast. Because of that, a routine mamography check is highly recommended.
- Invasive or Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma (IDC)IDC is the most common type of breast cancer. It starts from ductal, and breaching through the ductal wall and grow to the breast fat tissue. Cancer will spread (metastasize) to other organs via the lymph system and blood flow. Around 8-10 invasive breast cancer is are this kind of cancer.
- Invasive of Infiltrating Lobular Carcinoma (ILC)This type of cancer starts from the lobulus. Just like IDC, ILC can spread or metastasize to other part of the body.
- Inflamed Breast Cancer (IBC)
IBC is a type of invasive breast cancer that is rarely happens. Only around 1-3 % from all breast cancer cases are IBC. IBC cases usually do not show bumps or tumor on the breast. This type of breast cancer makes the breast skin to redden and felt warm. Also, the breast skin will look thick and shrivel like orange skin.
Usually, doctor will notice this changes because cancer cells have choken up lymph vessels on the skin. Not because of inflammation or infection. The invaded breast usually bigger, and the breast will feel more supple, and sometimes flabby and causing itchiness around the invaded breast skin. This kind of cancer tend to spread and have more worst prognosis than IBC and ILC.